Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Tea part 1





Who loves tea? Me i do love it, very much.
When i was young my family use to drink tea at least 4 times a day. Breakfast tea, after lunch tea, tea time and night tea. Tea time and night tea was very important because they were accompanied with my mum's delicious treats. Very often with a giant chocolate cake, apple tart with cinnamon, many sorts of cookies at the end same Balkan pastries. Our house was running like a bakery.
Here same facts about the tea:
Tea started to be used in China as a medicine and in the 8th century it was considered as a polite amusement.
In the 15th century in Japan Teaism was born. It was a cult and tea was used for purification.
Tea was introduced to England via Holland in the mid 28th century. Can you imagine before people of England were lived without tea. Now they are the top consumer of the world.

Here is a funny fact about tea trading routes. By looking different languages we can understand where the tea was imported from. There were two pronunciation of tea in China one is tu (tea) originated to Hokkien and Cha to Cantonese dialect. By looking at the words languages use for tea we can understand where they trade their tea from. Tea imported from silk road named chai so all the countries who bought their teas via silk road called tea chai. Tea was the name brought by British traders and most of the European languages adapted it.

2 comments:

  1. I used to love tea, always tea tea tea, but once I moved to Paris,,, I started drink coffee.... and here I am now in NY, I still stick to coffee..
    but I feel like I want to restart to have tea, thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, and welcome to the blog it is nice to meet you!
    I love coffee too but recently I discovered these mix teas which make me enjoy the tea more. The ones with peach apricot and vanilla in the summer and nut, almonds and spices for winter. They take me to travel to the world.
    I would like to write one article about coffee you gave me motivation:D I have funny facts about it too.

    ReplyDelete